What is Flexible Respite?
To provide flexible respite services to people with a moderate to severe disability living at home.
Flexible Respite is planned, and provides breaks for the carer from the caring role, while providing meaningful activities for the person with the disability.
Examples of Flexible Respite
- Community access or out of home respite
- Group activities
- Centre based activities
- Overnight care
- In-home care
- To provide opportunities for both the person with the disability and the carer/s to enjoy time for leisure, and to participate within the community
- Assist in maintaining a positive caring relationship over the long term
- Improve the wellbeing of the individual with a disability, as well as their carer’s and family
- Provide practical support to carers
- Support the caring relationship and attend to short term support needs
There are many ways this can be achieved, and your package will be developed in consultation with you, your family/carer or advocate, and the service Co-ordinator.
Please note not all these forms of respite are available in each shire.
Who Can Access The Service?
People aged from birth to 65 with a moderate to severe disability living with a parent or carer in the Cowra and Weddin Shires.
How much does this service cost?
There is a small fee involved, and is tailored to the individual's plan.
**You will not be excluded from receiving respite if you cannot afford to pay.
Flexible Respite Staff
Our service employs paid permanent and casual staff. All staff undergo a thorough screening process before commencement of emplyment. Staff are also encouraged to attend training sessions and update skills on a regular basis. All staff hold a current First Aid Certificate.
- Wheelchair Vehicle
- Disabled bathroom with commode and bath bed
- Electric hospital bed, with sides
- Wheelchair Access
- Art/Craft resources
- Fenced outdoor area
- Well-resourced play room
- Cooking facilities
- Covered outdoor BBQ area
For further information about Respite please contact us.