Community Participation/Life Choices Programs
Post School Options (PSO) provides a day service to adults with a disability. Service users develop an Individual Support Plan (ISP) which is person centred, with their family, support network and PSO support staff, outlining goals the individual would like to achieve.
- Help you to achieve personal goals
- Assist you to become more independent
- Support you to participate as an active member of the community
- Develop life skills and increase independence
- Continue learning and participate in meaningful activities
- Participate in the local community
- Have an active and valued role in your community
- To support you in the transition from school to adulthood
- Expand friendships and social networks
Day to day, PSO support staff work to assist in identifying activities, programs and opportunities to work towards achieving individual short and long term goals. Individuals attending PSO will be supported to review their PCP regularly to ensure it remains reflective of what they would like to achieve.
Attendance at PSO is flexible, and depends on individual needs and funding.
Activities are typically provided in the community and in a group setting. Activities focus on autonomous skills and community involvement.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Art and craft
- Music and dance
- Social outings to restaurants, shopping centres, cinemas, ten pin bowling and more
- Employment based programs
- Combining with neighbouring services for sporting days, BBQ’s, discoes, meet and greets
- Annual regional swimming and athletics carnivals
- Preparing for and participating in local Eisteddfod
- Combined services music night, with karaoke
- Cooking program
School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES)
If you are completing year 12 at school, our School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) will help prepare you to transition to a working life and young adulthood
- Individual tailored 2 year program
- Gain valuable on the job work experience in a variety of industries according to your interests
- Help you plan and realise your employment goals for open and supported employment
- Learn work skills and independent living skills to become a confident young adult
- Make new friendships and explore social groups
We will work with you to develop your pathway to employment by developing your individual plan to achieve positive and durable outcomes. Your SLES program will clearly outline the steps to achieve your goals and aspirations. We facilitate work related training and experience in a wide variety of locations and vocational areas such as horticulture, office administration, retail and hospitality. We will adapt plans and support as necessary and link you with other relevant vocational and specialist areas i.e TAFE etc.
We will provide support to;
- Explore job options via work trial / work sampling/industry visits
- Work development strategy covering resumes, interviews and job search techniques including ◦ TAFE (TVET) courses with specialist consultants
- Money & Budgeting / Travel / Communication/ IT skills
- Independent living
- Personal Development Workshops
- Social Media and Online Safety
Our SLES program currently uses the ‘Step Ahead’ training modules to assist participants. We find a mix of ‘on-the-job’ or scenario based training and our in house training modules the most effective in achieving work ready individuals.
How do I access the SLES Program?
To find out more or access the service please contact the SLES Co-Ordinator on (02) 6342 4718 /0400 090 741 or drop by and say ‘hello’.
Our SLES office is located at;
12 Stewart Street
COWRA NSW 2794
You can use the ‘contact us’ link to e-mail your enquiry
Experienced Trained Staff
Post School Options’ team of enthusiastic motivated and trained staff work hard to ensure that every experience is positive and encourages participants to fulfil their potential. Staff ensure that the appropriate care and development opportunities are available and accessible to everyone who takes part in the program.
Service users are treated with respect and dignity and every effort is made to conduct activities which are community based. This allows for greater community integration and participation in mainstream activities.
Programs are tailored to suit individual needs and social interaction is encouraged with a number of social activities taking place throughout the year.
For further information about Post School Options please contact us.